- 1 How much do you stretch a chain link fence?
- 2 Does chain link fence need to be stretched?
- 3 What tool do you use to stretch chain link fence?
- 4 Can you extend the height of a chain link fence post?
- 5 What is a fence stretcher?
- 6 How do you secure a chain link fence at the bottom?
- 7 Can I increase the height of my fence?
- 8 How do I add privacy and height to my chain link fence?
- 9 What height does chain link fence come in?
Fence fabric should be stretched from the terminal post already attached to the terminal post at the other end of the line – or – at stretches less than two hundred feet. With the fabric terminated at the terminal post, install a tension bar approximately five feet from the end of the unattached fabric.
Chain link fence fabric must be pulled taught or it will sag. You can do this using a come-along cable puller winch and stretcher bar. Insert a tension bar about 3-feet short of the corner or end post you are going to end the mesh on.
The galvanized steel stretch bar is a great tool for evenly stretching chain link fence fabric between terminal posts. Use the stretch bar to attach your chain link fence fabric to terminal post brace bands. To use, simply hook the stretch bar onto the tension bar and pull stretcher with cable come-a-long.
The standard height for chain link fences that you might see around a yard is 4 feet, but you might desire to extend the fence height for training vines or keeping a large dog from jumping the fence. Instead, you can simply cover the existing posts with longer posts in order to extend the fence height.
What is a fence stretcher?
Fence stretchers are used to provide the proper amount of tension on wire fences. A tight fence protects livestock and wildlife from getting tangled in the fence which could cause injury or even death. They all work the same with some type of clamp to attach to the wire and a ratcheting system to tighten it.
The quickest and easiest way to secure the bottom of your chain link fence is to use a garden border and line the bottom of your fence. Alternatively, you could get tent stakes and secure the bottom of the fence to the ground. Choosing the right option depends on your exact situation and needs.
Can I increase the height of my fence?
Adding Trellis One of the most popular ways to add height to a fence is to add trellis. A fence topper is an easy choice as it is specifically designed to sit atop your current fence. Most fence toppers are 1ft or 2ft pieces of trellis measuring 6ft in length to fit the whole width of the fence.
How to Add Privacy to a Chain Link Fence
- Install Chain Link Fence Slats. Chain link fence slats easily weave between the links on the fence.
- Use Greenery Panels for a Natural Look.
- Add Privacy Fence Screens to Your Chain Link Fence.
- Raise Your Chain Link Fence Height.
- The Ultimate Solution – Upgrade to a Privacy Fence.
Chain-link fences come in a variety of heights. The most common ones are 36, 42, 48, 60 and 72 inches. Make sure your local zoning laws and subdivision covenants allow you to install this type of fencing. It is not uncommon to discover that there are fence height restrictions.